How is it 10:00 PM already?! I got out of work at 2 and have accomplished very little, aside from a nap, making dinner, and doing some housecleaning. I had intended to do this as a video again, but at this time of night…let’s just say I have my “no” face on.
This week’s five things are much more random than last week’s, but here we go.
- I’m binding off my wedding shawl! Picot binding looks pretty, but it takes a dog’s age to finish. Based on how long it took me to finish the small section I’ve completed, I have another…oh…five hours of binding off ahead of me.
- I’m also working on my Ravenclaw socks! I’m ready to put the heel on sock #2. The nine-inch ChiaoGoo circs I bought (US 1 and US 0; I’m using the 1 for the socks) are pretty fabulous. I have tiny little hands so I don’t get the cramping that many knitters have complained about, and based on my Ravelry notes, they cut 2 days off my knitting time on the foot. The only downside I can see so far is that it’s difficult to try on the sock to assess fit on the nine-inch circs, so if I’m making something where I’m concerned about the fit, it’ll probably be best to start on Magic Loop.
- I’ve been slacking off blogging about riding, but my lessons have been going pretty well! Still struggling with the diagonals, but my canter is getting worlds better. I have a lesson tomorrow, so I’ll try to do a post maybe tomorrow evening or Sunday, but in the meantime, isn’t Cinnamon the best looking horse (with the most pissed off face) you’ve ever seen?
- This week I learned that I’m not going to be able to cook properly until after my bridal shower (which is apparently in October). First it was the cauliflower/food processor disaster. This week, I tried to make garlic cloud bread, but I couldn’t get the egg whites beaten enough to hold peaks. It took me half an hour to get them beaten as well as I did with just a fork. It ended up being runnier than it should have, but it baked up enough to be edible. Of course, I realized after I’d already eaten dinner and cleaned up that we actually own a whisk and that might have been helpful. Looking forward to hopefully receiving a few kitchen tools (like a chopper and a hand beater) at my shower so I can cook like an adult.
- Speaking of wedding things, we’re getting close – almost five months out, or as my wedding registry page puts it, 161 days to go. I’m suddenly realizing all the little things I haven’t been bothered to worry about. I need to decide if I’m going Spanx or no Spanx and decided on shoes so I can schedule a dress fitting. We need to order wedding bands. We need to figure out what suits the guys are wearing. So many decisions!