- I hate the word “excerpt”. Hate it. I have been staring at it all day at work and it looks imbalanced and wrong, and it sounds…pointy.
- I have synesthesia, so that might explain some of my irrationally violent feelings regarding words and the weird ways in which I describe them. Even though most of my synesthesia is sound-color, I also see words “typed out” in my head when people say them (and also I tend to verbally spell interesting words when I hear someone use them), and particularly irritating words have qualities. Like pointy.
- I am two rows away from the border on my wedding shawl, and about three rows away from my first Fish Lips Kiss heel on my sock.
- After work, I cleaned the bathroom, made dinner, cleaned up dinner, did a load of laundry, and scrubbed Bailey’s cage. I’m really quite tired.
- Because it seems timely this week, my favorite Prince song is “Raspberry Beret,” with a “Little Red Corvette” as a close second, largely because Stevie Nicks has said that she wrote “Stand Back” (my favorite Stevie song) to sort of fit into the melody. And you know what? IT’S TOTALLY TRUE.